This is a circular trek in the Souirie countryside. Starting in our local village, Diabat, the trail winds along the Atlantic coast, exploring the cliffs, the fishing villages and the true Berber way of life. This is a unique opportunity to discover the diverse landscapes that surround Essaouira. You will spend your days in the saddle, camp under the stars in Berber tents, delight in Moroccan cuisine and witness authentic Berber culture.
Day 1 - arrival: Pick-up at Marrakech airport, complimentary transfer by air-conditioned van to Essaouira (roughly 2 and a half hours). Your guide will brief you on the trail ride. Dinner at the ranch, hotel accommodation.
Days 2-4 - horse trekking: Every day, you will ride for about 5 hours. The Pearl of Essaouira immerses you in the many different landscapes of the region: sand dunes, deserted beaches, cliffs overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, fishing villages. There will be a pause to water and feed the horses and enjoy your lunch in the middle of the day. Accompanied by your guide, you will have opportunities to trot and canter, and to cross oueds (rivers), before arriving at the camp every evening. Every night you will enjoy a campfire, a traditional Moroccan meal and camping in a Berber tent.
Day 5 - return to Essaouira: The last day starts with a half-day ride, and lunch is served on the way back to the ranch. You will have the afternoon free to shop in Essaouira's Medina, explore the city, have a relaxing massage in a Hammam (Turkish bath house) or anything else you please. Dinner at the ranch, overnight stay at the hotel in Essaouira.
Day 6 - departure: Transfer by air-conditioned van to to Essaouira airport (15 minutes) or Marrakech airport (roughly 2 and a half hours).
Terms & Conditions
- Price per person: 6600 MAD or €600, all-inclusive
- Minimum 2 people
- Included: Round trip transfers between the airport and the starting point of the trek (shared with other participants), all meals, shared accommodation in collective Berber tents or, on request, in igloo tents, hotel accommodation at the start and end of your trek if required, horses, trekking guides, horse tack, helmet and equipment.
- Not included: Flights to and from Morocco, personal insurance, personal expenses during the trek, sleeping bag (available on request), optional hammam and massage.
- Conditions of sale: The trek is booked upon receipt of a completed registration form and non-refundable payment of 50% of the overall price by credit card or bank transfer. Fees may apply. The outstanding balance must be paid no later than one month before the date of departure. After this date, no refunds are given (unless you have purchased cancellation insurance). If the trek is booked less than one month before the date of departure, full payment must be made when booking. Any client who, for a valid reason (force majeure or other), must prematurely end their trek, will be transported as quickly as possible to the closest city at their own expense. The trek will not be refunded except through the client’s private insurance. In the interest of participants’ safety, Ranch de Diabat reserves the right to change the trekking route or paths if weather conditions or other unexpected factors render the planned route unviable or unsafe.To start a reservation, please check the availability of the trek by emailing our booking service: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: You will ride for an average of 5 hours a day. You will depart camp at around 10am, pause at around 1:30 to eat and rest, arrive at the camp at about 5pm, then eat dinner and sleep overnight.
- Luggage: Your luggage will be stored in the support vehicle, which will be stationed at lunch and dinner campsites. Please bring flexible bags rather than rigid suitcases, and do not pack unnecessary items.
- Accommodation:Your accommodation will be in collective tents for 6-7 people, or if you wish, in igloo tents for 2 people. The camp is equipped with a shower. The camps are equipped with a shower tent. However, depending on the availability of fresh water, showering may not be possible every day.
- Food: Your meals will be prepared by our chef, who will show you the many delights of Moroccan cuisine. The menu will take into account the dietary requirements and allergies of the participants.
- Formalities: No visa is required to enter to Morocco. You must be in possession of a passport valid for 6 months from the date of entry. No vaccinations are required.
- Equestrian level: In order to participate in our treks, you need to be comfortable riding at a walk, trot and canter and have experience riding outdoors. If you have no prior trekking experience, we recommend arriving at the ranch a few days before the trek to benefit from lessons, practice at riding for long periods of time, and more confidence in yourself and your horse.
- Equipment: Each horse is equipped with a trail riding saddle and saddle bags that allow you to carry your lunch if necessary and any personal effects you need for your day on horseback. If you suffer from physical sensitivity, injury or conditions such as arthritis, we recommend bringing a sheepskin to pad the saddle. Do not forget your water bottle.
- Insurance: Ranch de Diabat is insured for its trekking activities. However, it is mandatory that you are in possession of personal travel insurance that specifically covers horse riding as non-competitive activity.
- Bring: Your luggage will be transported in the support vehicle, so it is important that you do not pack unnecessary items or clothing. We recommend bringing a few cotton t-shirts, a long-sleeved shirt to protect against the sun, a fleece pullover to protect against the wind, two pairs of riding pants, a waterproof jacket or poncho (rain is unlikely, but also unpredictable), boots or sneakers, riding chaps, a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen. Don’t forget a sleeping bag, torch, tissues, underwear and basic medicines such as paracetamol, ibuprofen, antihistamines and diarrhea medication.
For more information, call us on +212 (0) 524 476 382 or email email@example.com